Application Development Management - #483030
ASDA Technology is going through a significant transformation as we separate all our technology platforms from our previous owner Walmart. A fantastic opportunity is available for an Application Development Manager to join the team as we implement many new applications and services. You will have experience of leading technical development teams, delivery teams and interfacing with business customers and other delivery/support teams.
- Ensure internal partner technical teams and external supplier technical teams are delivering to agreed timelines, budgets and standards for application development and enhancements.
- Participate in the development and review of technical design documentation, requirements scope and project sizing.
- Engage with stakeholders across the business for each project and ensure a consistent and timely approach to project delivery updates.
- Collaborate with application hosting suppliers and the business to ensure robust release schedule and maintenance plans are in place including application roadmaps and product lifecycles.
- Collaborate and manage support documentation standards for technical, systems and functional aspects of applications and systems, ensuring they follow a ‘product mindset'.
- Drive security compliance of all application development projects.
- Build effective lines of communication to the senior leadership in Asda Tech
- Line management for ASDA Colleagues and functional management of partner / contract resource, including on shore and offshore resource where needed.
- Experience of leading application development teams including third party outsourced teams
- Experience of working in Waterfall, Agile, ITIL and DevOps environments
- Experience of working in both on prem and cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience of warranty support and delivery into ‘Run Support' teams
Work Where it Works.Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email