Technical Delivery Manager - #483032
Haven't you heard? ...Asda is separating from Walmart!
This means we are going through one of the biggest retail transformation programmes that the world has ever seen! ‘Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work. As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will be instrumental in building the Asda Ecommerce platform from scratch with the use of 3rd parties.
We are looking for people who have experience of working in a hands-on technical delivery role, implementing technical solutions from inception to deployment and then supporting and iterating them within a live environment. You will have a broad appreciation for different technologies and delivery methodologies, however, your adaptability to overcome different challenges, and your ability to develop strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders are equally important.
- To be responsible for the iterative feature delivery, deployment and quality performance of their respective products.
- To work closely with Scrum Masters and Product Managers understanding priorities, scope of work, and to then own the technical delivery of changes against their respective products.
- Overseeing the delivery of technical change across several development squads, including understanding the implication of changes made during the development life cycle and ensuring the resolution of technical blockers.
- Working with squads to ensure that technical stories are written to support the functional stories in the product backlog.
- Working closely with Project Managers to ensure that delivery plans focus on backlog priorities including tech debt, vulnerabilities, bugs as well as features are maintained.
- Ensure smooth service transition into live environment, ensuring the delivery of scalable and serviceable feature solutions.
- Supporting a live service and ensuring critical issues are being resolved - Likely to be on a 3rd or 4th line support.
- Inputting into vendor management and monitoring service performance.
- Ensuring quality and compliance standards are maintained and relevant technology governance is applied.
- Managing stakeholder relationships at a senior level, establishing a high level of trust
- Leading at a senior level in a large Technology department, supporting a fast, paced, dynamic, multi-channel business
- Strong Agile methodology experience
- Delivering large scale technical change projects across, Ecommerce, Development or Infrastructure environment.
- Providing technical delivery leadership across multiple delivery teams.
- Experience using Jira and confluence
Work Where it Works.Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email