Lead Data Engineer - #483048
Haven't you heard? Asda is separating from Walmart!
This means we are going through one of the biggest retail transformation programmes that the world has ever seen! ‘Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart.
We are looking for an Azure Lead Engineer to join our Data Insights and Analytics team. The role will be responsible for building new data pipelines and optimizing data flows using the Azure cloud stack.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys building data products from scratch. The data engineer will need to support Business Analysts and Data Architects with discovery and best practices. The successful candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced data pipeline engineer and data specialist who enjoys building data products from scratch as most of the projects will be Greenfield.
- Advanced Azure knowledge and experience working and migrating data products from on-prem to Azure.
- Experience of leading teams to deliver projects.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets using Py-spark.
- Experience building real-time data pipelines using Event-hub, storage queues and Azure stream analysis.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Cloud Big Data Analytics in Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services
- Data Ingestion and Storage including Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Kafka and Spark Streaming, Azure EventHub/IoT Hub, and Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience with Bigdata Tools: Hadoop Spark, Kafka
- Experience with Stream processing systems: Spark-streaming, Kafka
- Experience with Object-oriented/ object function scripting languages: Python preferred.
Work Where it Works.Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email