Solutions Manager - #483050
Monitoring & Alerting Manager
Asda Technology Technical Services is looking for a Monitoring & Alerting Manager to join their Service Assurance function. This is a key role in one of the biggest transformation programmes working as part of the Service Assurance Team to ensure both Asda's legacy and Future operating environment has the required end to end process monitoring and alerting capabilities implemented, is fit for purpose, and is validated appropriately.
You will join a newly formed Service Assurance function in Tech Services leading a small team with responsibility on all Monitoring and Alerting activities and supporting the Senior Service Assurance Manager in the continuous delivery of technical assurance to the Asda Business across Operational Acceptance Testing.
You will work on a broad portfolio of projects covering Head Office, Store and Depot systems. You will collaborate closely with third-party suppliers and internal teams to influence the design, implementation, and continuous testing of M&A.
You will be accountable and responsible for.
- Leading and developing a high performing function to deliver operational excellence across end-to-end process monitoring and alerting.
- Implementing a robust testing strategy to ensure all critical alerts and the support processes associated are validated.
- Working with the business, Asda Technology teams and digital core vendors to develop and deliver fit for purpose and insightful monitoring solutions.
- Providing assurance to the business that applications and solutions that are implemented have passed the required OAT criteria incl. M&A.
- Working closely with core digital SaaS vendors to understand and provide assurance against their M&A capability and delivery.
- Working to retrofit M&A into front running FUTURE programme projects (potentially post go-live).
- Consulting with architects and service owners to ensure M&A capabilities are implemented and are aligned with expectations.
- As part of continuous assurance identify and raise risks where required M&A capability is not in place and / or validated.
- Supporting the Senior Service Assurance Manager with establishment and implementation of Service Assurance processes, standards, and policies.
- Providing continuous assurance by way of regular reporting to senior and exec management.
- Creating and implementing a business wide awareness programme for Monitoring and Alerting
- 3 – 5 years' experience of designing, developing, implementing, and testing monitor and alerting solutions into complex end to end business processes.
- Exposure to Azure Cloud Monitoring.
- Experience of OAT principles and practices.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving and ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to engage with functional stakeholders, collaborate and influence the design and implementation of detailed M&A processes.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management.
- Self-starter, who can work autonomously, grasp requirements, and drive the portfolio of M&A activities.
- Ability to lead a small team of Service Assurance Specialists augmented with 3rd party support from our key technology partner.
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams across the business and third parties.
- Able to maintain professionalism, prioritise effectively and demonstrate flexibility.
- Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking, and many additional rewards.
- We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email