Collections Assistant - #562121
University of Leeds
Salary: Grade 4 (£21,197 - £23,715 p.a. pro rata depending upon experience)
This role will be based on the University Campus.
Do you have a passion for rare books, archival material and the visual arts? Do you have great communications skills, an understanding of what researchers need and are you comfortable with IT? Are you committed to outstanding customer service delivery?
The Brotherton Research Centre offers facilities for teaching, learning, research, and events making use of unique and distinctive collections. Our collections offer exceptional opportunities for research and we are responsible for ensuring that they are accessible in our research centre. We deliver a high quality, customer focused service and are responsible for safeguarding the collections for future generations. In doing so we have to ensure the security and preservation of the collections in our care.
As a collections assistant you will be part of the research centre team. You will be focused on delivering high quality customer service, responding to enquiries, invigilating the research centre and ensuring collections items are available for researchers. You will liaise with researchers regarding their requirements and with academics regarding booking seminars. As a collections assistant you will work closely with archivists/ librarians/ curators on collection documentation and housekeeping, to improve efficiency in collection accessibility, increasing the potential for research and teaching.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus 16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s over 40 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme options plus life assurance
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
If you are looking for a role that will challenge, inspire, and provide an opportunity to make a difference apply today.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Claire Morton, Research Centre Operations Manager
Email: [email protected]