Learning Support Assistant (Part Time) (Reduced Year) (Fixed Term) (Ref: LCC3665) - #562131
Luminate Education Group
Working Hours will be 29.6
Reduced Year: 38 weeks
Fixed Term: February 2024
WHAT WE DO
The school of Land and Animal is looking for a highly motivated Learning Support Assistants to work with our students in both practical and theory lessons. This is a fantastic opportunity if you enjoy working with animals and you are able to support students who complete practical activities at Temple Newsam on Home Farm there will also be the required to support at Printworks campus. The ideal candidate will enjoy working both in and outdoors. You should have knowledge of SEND learners and have experience within a classroom setting. You would identify strategies to promote independence and ensure information on progress is recorded accurately. You will be working alongside a team of highly skilled and experienced vocational teachers in a department self-assessed as Outstanding.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will support learners in practical and theory lessons
- You will provide targeted academic support to meet the needs of identified learners.
- You will complete reports
- You will keep accurate and timely support logs.
- You should be educated to Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
- You should have Practitioners Qualification, working towards a teaching qualification or willingness to
- You should have knowledge of SEND legislation
- You should have good oral and written communication skills
- You should have good basic IT skills
- YOu should be able to assist with personal care/Medical provisions including requirements of wheelchair users -
- You should have an understanding of GDPR and how that impacts on this role
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact: