Estimator (Ref: LUM289) - #562133
Luminate Education Group
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting time to join us as our area covers Capital Projects which includes Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team and Capital Projects team. Between us all we service the estates across the whole of the Luminate Group.
As well as undergoing a significant change to enable future growth, we are embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will help us to meet the needs of our students and sustainability. This is an excellent opportunity to join us during a period of change and make a real difference in the lives of the students that study at our campuses.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies and cost analyses.
- Work with colleagues to identify resources and materials needed for construction and maintenance projects.
- Determine the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labour for construction projects.
- Research construction documents and analyse specifications.
- Advise clients on procurement strategies and agree these with the procurement department.
- Prepare estimates for planning, organising, and scheduling project work.
- Prepare the tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities as needed, with the architect and client.
- Experience of working as part of a projects team
- Excellent working knowledge of the construction industry and building materials
- Experience of preparing solutions to keep projects on time, in budget and to the required standards
For more information about the role please contact: