Casual Lecturer in GCSE English - #767953
CASUAL LECTURER IN GCSE ENGLISH
Hourly rate of pay: £26.92 or £30.16 per hour (dependant on qualifications)
Hours: Variable hours
- Looking for a new challenge or an opportunity to return to teaching?
- Do you have experience and enthusiasm to drive literacy skills in our students?
- Are you passionate that every student should be able to access high quality education and want to be part of their journey?
If you can answer YES to the above, you might be interested in what we can offer and we want to hear from you.
We are looking for experienced and inspirational teachers to join our English team on a casual basis. The successful candidate will work with our full-time students studying vocational courses at the college. Excellent classroom management skills and the ability to engage and motivate young learners is essential. A good knowledge of barriers to learning is desirable.
You must have experience in teaching GCSE English and possess the following qualifications:
- Subject related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- A recognised teaching qualification
- GCSE English and Maths (Grade A*-C) or equivalent Level 2 qualification
- Minimum of Level 3 (or equivalent qualification) in English or Literacy
In return we offer a warm and welcoming college with outstanding facilities and an excellent benefits package that includes:
- A well-respected occupational pension scheme (Teachers Pensions)
- Free parking at all of our College site (on a first come, first served basis)
- Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
- Superb opportunities for training and development
We welcome applications from newly qualified teachers and those currently completing PGCEs. Equally, we welcome experienced lecturers looking for a fresh challenge or new direction.
So, if you’d like to be part of a unique organisation that supports one of the largest and most diverse employment sectors in the UK, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that all applications should be completed online. CV’s will not be accepted.
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.