Senior .Net Software Engineer - #767958
Context Recruitment Ltd
Senior .Net Software Engineer
Credit and Analytics Platform
Are you a passionate and experienced Senior .Net Software Engineer looking to make a significant impact in the world of credit and analytics? Look no further. Our client are on a mission to become the leading credit and analytics platform in their chosen markets.
They are a dynamic company serving a diverse range of clients in the UK, Europe, and the United States. They specialise in providing cutting-edge lending platforms and analytics capabilities to both commercial and consumer-focused businesses across various asset classes, including invoice discounting, retail finance, unsecured lending, SME funding, and mortgages.
We are seeking a Senior .Net Software Engineer with a customer-centric mindset. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop market-leading applications for renowned household brand clients. You'll be part of a talented team of experienced developers who possess both financial and technological expertise to deliver effective, modern software solutions.
As a Senior .Net Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing software following industry best practices within the scope and landscape of our projects and architecture.
- Ensuring that software meets our "Definition of Done" as part of the project team.
- Authoring unit tests and collaborating to ensure that software meets acceptance criteria.
- Working closely with product owners, architecture, design, and infrastructure teams to meet client requirements.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the software packaging and release process.
- Participating in planning, retrospective, review sessions, and daily stand-ups.
- Providing support to the service desk and technical delivery teams as needed.
- Encouraging continuous improvement within the team.
What We're Looking For (The client are flexible on all of these as long as you have proven experience in .Net)
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in Microsoft full-stack development, utilizing C# and .Net Framework 4.8 and above.
- Experience working with Visual Studio 2015 and above.
- Strong team player with experience in project-based environments.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft web technologies, including ASP.Net MVC and Web API.
- Practical knowledge and experience of developing REST APIs using JSON.
- Experience with multi-tier service-based architectures.
- Understanding of micro-services or service bus is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of securing web applications and OWASP.
- Sound knowledge and working knowledge of Entity Framework and SQL Server.
- Strong TSQL skills.
- Understanding of performance and tuning of applications, including within the database.
- Exposure to WCF and SOAP Web Services.
- Working knowledge of WinForms or WPF development.
- Understanding of authentication and authorization using OpenID Connect and OAuth2.
- Experience of working within waterfall and agile SDLC processes, including TDD/BDD.
- Practical knowledge and experience of unit testing, mocking or faking frameworks, and gherkin language.
- Clear understanding and experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Finance sector experience would be preferred and extremely advantageous, particularly in UK consumer lending.
- Understanding of skills, tools, and patterns for Continuous Delivery, including GitLab, TeamCity, Git, Nuget, OctopusDeploy, Powershell Scripting.
What You Will Get in Return
- 28 days standard holiday + 8 bank holidays, with an option to buy more days through salary sacrifice.
- A flexi-cash payment annually towards flexible benefits, e.g., dental insurance, gym membership, extra holidays, etc.
- x4 Life Assurance as standard, with an option to buy more.
- Company sick pay (2 months full pay, 2 months half, following probation).
- Matched pension scheme (e.g., you pay in 6%, they pay in 6%), up to 10% each side (20% in total).
- A discount scheme with major retailers.
- Maternity or adoption leave of 3 months full pay, with return-to-work bonus / 2 weeks paid paternity leave.
If interested please apply and I look forward to working on your application together.